Monday, March 3, 2014

REGRETS




Don't dwell on regrets. Sometimes we regret what we do or say, and we dwell on those experiences longer than we should. In my experience, I wasted time and energy regretting a lot of things that I have and haven't done and I wound up in a downward spiral of self destruction. Self destruction sucks because the damage is coming from my own will power and most if the time I'm the only that can help myself out. I try to my best to not be so hard on myself, and I try to look at what I can learn from that experience. Of course, I have friends that I can count on to be there when I need them the most, but ultimately it’s up to me to get past that regret and I can’t be helped if I’m not ready to open up about my past.

Actions have consequences, that is a given. I have come to accept the good, the bad as well as my mistakes because they have sculpted the person I am today. I am at peace with the person I have become.


I believe that everyone is a reflection of their past and that everything happens for a reason, so to sit there and regret anything for too long would be futile. I'm not saying you don't have control over your path in life but the past is the past and unless you have a time machine you can't do anything to change it. However, you have to come to terms with regretful scenarios and take the positives so you can learn from them. It’s ok to think about your mistakes but don’t dwell on them because there is plenty of good that comes out of any situation and deserves more of your focus.


If it weren’t for regrets you wouldn’t have the opportunity to reflect and learn from your mistakes. What if you went through life without any regrets? how would you be able to develop as a person? That would indicate perfection and thats just ridiculous. Part of being human is reconstructing oneself and learning constantly. So stop dwelling and start developing, you are only human.


Peace out babes ;-*

No comments:

Post a Comment