Monday, February 24, 2014

Family Appreciation






Family… what about family? They are important, let me tell you why. Family is everything, you may not agree with me but first let me make my definition clear. Family is just a term used to define a selection of people that you consider to be important in your life. I’m using the word ‘family’ as a loose term so that I may include the important people that aren't genetically linked to you. The people whom you grew up with, though you may not think so, have shaped you in some way and therefore are a part of you and your family.


For as long as I can remember I have always had my family by my side, and I can’t imagine living without them. We all need family, it’s part of a survival mechanism. Family will always be there for you in victory or defeat. The point is that your family is essential and you should take the time to tell each person that they are special. Although YOU may be aware that each member of the family is special in their own way, they may not. The simplest gesture of appreciation goes a long way.


There are countless stories of people who have lost someone before getting the chance to say: “I love you,” “you mean a great deal to me,” “ I appreciate you…” the list can go on. No one is  exempt from misfortune so regardless of the drama and heavy heartedness that tends to happen every once in a while, don’t forget that family comes first. Take it from me, I've lost a number of dear friends and family who I didn't appreciate vocally and I feel like those are loose ends that I cannot mend. Make things right with the ones you love, and you will be much happier for it. Don’t wait to love and appreciate your loved ones for a tomorrow that isn't promised.

Peace out, love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment