Monday, February 3, 2014

Marriage

 

Marriage can be scary for many reasons, which will leave many individuals waiting and contemplating what's to come. None of us know what our life has in store for us, much less do we know what it will be like with a life partner, because lets face it (at least in my religion/culture) when you get married to someone it is forever. And this, for many people is nerve wrecking, but it doesn't have to be.


As human beings we are skeptical, fearful, and maybe, even these doubts are totally unnecessary. Sometimes these doubts may lead you to think that your significant other is not the right person for you, and maybe destiny has someone else for you to be with and we insist on doubting and this alone can set us up for failure before we even start. I know that when I think about marriage my mind is going at 100mps with no concrete substance for which to alleviate my doubts and fears, but this does not have to be the case. We have been raised to think that this is something that we have to do at this precise moment in time, but marriage is a step that should not be taken with a light heart. Marriage is a life changing step and it should only be taken when you feel that you are truly ready to take it.


Often I do consider the happiness of my parents surrounded by grandchildren but I need to stop and think am I ready for this? And the answer is no. No I am not ready because when I think about becoming someone’s wife and then later on someone’s mother the feelings of skepticism, and fear begin to settle in my mind once more, I know that I want this in my life, but now is simply not the time for me. In the future when I can think of marriage and no longer feel fearful, I know I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment