Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Nightmares: The Haunting of 3318 Part V

It seemed that mother left Madam Huila’s house more confused and filled with questions. I myself had no clue what to think. What were the answers that mother was looking for? At this point I don’t think my mother was sure that Madam Huila knew what she was talking about. She wanted to convince herself that Madam Huila wasn’t really a fortune teller or that she was even able to see into the future. Mother was seeking any excuse to discredit Madam Huila. She didn’t want to believe what she heard, and I don’t blame her, even I was confused and afraid. Just what tragedy was it that Madam Huila foresaw?


The entire drive back was quiet, I rolled the window down and stuck my hand out to feel the pressure of the cool breeze. The pressure made my hand create the motion of a wave over and over to the point that it soothed every part of my mind. Before I knew it, we were home again. I stepped out of the car and just stood there looking at the house trying to think about what possible tragedy would put our family in danger. I walked into my bedroom took my shoes off, turned off the lights and crawled into bed…


One year later.


The sun was beaming through the space in between my bedroom curtains, I pulled the covers over my head and tried to fall back asleep but mom was yelling, “It’s laundry day everyone get up! Let’s go! It’s already the middle of the day.” I dragged myself out of bed and went to the bathroom turned on the sink and splashed my face with cold water. I reached for the towel and dried off my face when I looked up she was staring back at me through the mirror. The little girl was screaming “Get out! Save yourselves!” Her blue eyes were filled with sadness and horror, surrounding her were flames that reached the ceiling and the smoke filled the room. I was terrified and froze in panic. Then suddenly, I heard my mother’s voice “It’s laundry day!” I woke up in a sweat and my heart was racing. Once I realized where I was, I sighed in relief, thankfully it was all just a nightmare.  


I was still dazed from my nightmare but I managed to get my laundry into the car. The whole ride to the laundromat I was trying to gather my thoughts and remember what I saw in my nightmare. When the dryer finished I pulled out the clothing and as I shut the door to the machine, in the glass reflection I saw her again. She was screaming at me “Don’t come home! Save yourselves!” I froze in shock. When I came to my senses, I looked around to see if anyone else noticed the reflection, even though in the back of my mind I knew no one else saw it. I tried to convince myself that this was all in my head and it was still part of the aftershock of the nightmare.


When we finished folding, we loaded the car and headed back to the house. Mother and I took the clean laundry to the living room to separate the clothing. I saw our neighbor running up the steps to our door he started to bang on it with a closed fist and full force, screaming something at the top of his lungs.


My mother said, “Oh my God, what’s wrong with him?”


I went to the door and opened it. “Dude, what the … ?!”


He ran in screaming, “GET OUT, THE RESTAURANT NEXT DOOR IS ON FIRE! YOU GUYS HAVE TO GET OUT NOW!” As he was screaming I saw the same expression of the little ghost girl in my nightmares on his face. Now I understood everything. She was trying to warn me.


We all ran out, but dad was still inside. I could see the flames engulfing our house within seconds. My little brothers were screaming and crying “Where is my dad?! I want my dad!” I stood there waiting and feeling the urge to run back in to drag him out. Mother was in tears and comforting my little brothers. I could feel my legs becoming weaker and weaker. He’s been in there too long, what is he doing?! Black smoke began to seep from the door and the windows. Just when I thought the worst had happened, from the heavy ferocious smoke and flames I saw my dad, he was barely walking but he finally made it out coughing and covered in ash.  


A couple hours after the flames were extinguished, we were sitting down together devastated, contemplating what to do next.


Father began, “I’m sorry I ever doubted you.” I looked up at him in confusion. “While I was in the house I couldn’t see anything, there was so much smoke everything was black as night. But then out of nowhere I saw something,  It was the figure of an old, tall, man. His silhouette was glowing like that of an … an angel.”

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment