Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Halloween Nightmares: The Haunting of 3318 Part II


It’s been a few weeks since we spoke about the ghost that I saw at the end of the corridor. I didn’t want to keep bringing it up because no one believed me. However, I could still remember him clearly like it was yesterday. Since I didn’t see anything weird after that, even I started to believe that it was just an illusion and I wanted to convince myself that there is no such thing as ghosts. Yet I couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something unsettling about the house. Every creak in the walls, every dark corner, every little sound, instilled a great phobia within every inch of my body, making me weak. I only wondered what might happen next. Will I see the man again? Or will I see something even more fearsome? I didn’t want to see it, yet I knew it was coming, it was only a matter of time.  


Again, another night came and I was unable to sleep. My feet were sweating and I couldn’t stand the heat in my room, it was unbearable. I grabbed my blankets out of frustration and tossed them to the floor. Finally, I was able to calm down and I shut my eyes and attempted to sleep. I began to slowly drift into subconsciousness and it was a sweet feeling. I felt a cool breeze from my opened window caress my exposed skin, it felt refreshing and I couldn’t have felt more relieved. Just when I was beginning to drift into the first phase of sleep, the urge to urinate completely destroyed the blissful moment I was in. I got out of bed and carefully made my way to the bathroom. The floor was extremely cold and the bathroom was lit from the radiant moon light that slithered through the window over the bathtub. Despite the fact that the floor was cold, the air was humid and hot. I flushed the toilet and turned the sink dial to wash my hands. I splashed the heat quenching water on my face and reached for the towel. My eyes were shut and my face was buried into the towel but I could sense there was something watching me. When I looked up the hind legs of a Labrador were passing through the bathroom wall into the corridor. I don’t have a dog… I blinked over and over again thinking I was hallucinating. Quickly I made it to my room shut the door and hopped into bed and hid under the covers. I was afraid to look out, I was terrified and I knew that if I pull the covers off I was going to see something that I didn’t want to see. The next morning I went to get breakfast but this time I decided to keep this from my parents because I knew, yet again, they would not believe me.  


It wasn’t Until the day after when my mom came to me and whispered in my ear “Did you see it too?” At first I wasn’t sure what she was talking about. “You saw it too didn’t you? The dog in the corridor. It went into your room and then the bathroom.” I didn’t know what to say so I kept quiet but my hands started to sweat and I began to breathe heavily. She grasped me by the shoulders and stared into my eyes. She knew. I knew she knew as well. Now I wasn’t the only one who saw ghosts.


To Be Continued…  

No comments:

Post a Comment