Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Halloween Nightmares: The Haunting of 3318 Part I

scary corridor.JPG

I was about 14 years old. I woke up in the dead of the night confused and dazed. I couldn't figure out why I woke up, there was no panic so it wasn't a nightmare that awoke me. The first thing I did was to check if everyone else was asleep, everything was silent, unusually silent. My mom and dad weren't even snoring. As I made my way into the living room from my bedroom, I felt the air as cold as when you open the refrigerator door and stand in front of it for too long. I made my way to the couch and sat down in the pitch dark living room. I couldn't tell what time it was but I knew it was too late to be awake. I kept sitting there and figured that eventually I would get sleepy and head back into the room. My pupils began to adjust and then I felt a cold shiver down my spine when I noticed from my peripheral vision, something was down the hall. I didn't want to look up until I was sure that my eyes weren't playing tricks on me. When I turned to look down the corridor, I saw it, vivid and clear. A tall figure of a husky old man in a white uniform. (I'm not sure what type of uniform it was but it looked like a captain's suit) He was looking straight at me and I kept staring back. I tried to blink him away out of fear but my eyes were in shock and wouldn’t respond. The sight of him set a heavy weight in my chest I nearly could not breathe. I didn't know whether to scream for my parents or run to my room and pretend nothing happened. My mind was racing and wondering; What is this man was doing in MY house?! Was he trying to rob us? Was he going to attack me? What if he was trying to hurt my family? I couldn't take my eyes off of the mysterious figure. I studied him as much as I could and I noticed everything was intact except his feet were unaccounted for. Below the knees, all I could perceive where the torn seams where his shins were supposed to be. It was then that I realized that this figure before me was a ghost. He was still staring at me and I couldn't believe my eyes. I was completely immobile. My heart began to pound faster and louder, I thought it would burst right out of my chest. After what felt like a 5 hour staring contest with this ghostly man, he turned back to face the door at the end of that dark corridor. He then reached for the door knob and right before my eyes, he dissolved into thin air.


The next morning I told my mom about the whole thing at the table during breakfast. My dad was quiet and ate his toast with a blank expression on his face, as though he wanted me to stop talking. He didn't look at me at all when I told them what I saw. He simply said, "You might have just been seeing things and it was dark, it was probably all in your head, if anything you might have just been dreaming, or sleepwalking." I began to cry because he didn't believe me I ran to my room and locked the door behind me. I could hear both of them arguing in the kitchen. I leaned into the door to try and hear what else they were saying and I overheard my dad yell “She’s just making things up to get attention, there’s no such thing as ghosts!”


A few weeks later my mom saw something that would prove my dad wrong; a little girl …


TO BE CONTINUED ...

No comments:

Post a Comment