Monday, May 12, 2014

Two Little Words


“I’m sorry.” a phrase that is used too much, or not used enough. This post is going to focus on people that are not saying it enough. I think one of my bigger pet peeves is when someone does something wrong and they make up excuses to justify what they did. I could really care less why you did it the fact still remains that you did it. An even bigger pet peeve is when people only say the words but it is very clear that they do not mean them. They only say it because it is what they think you want to hear to avoid further conflict, but it only makes the situation worse.


I think that one main reason why people do not mutter those two little words is because their ego gets in the way.(I wrote about pride and ego a few weeks ago, please check it out check it now!!!) Most people hate it when they are wrong, so those two little words is them admitting that they are wrong. I have met many people who think they are always right, these people are really bad at taking criticism. No harm will come from saying you are sorry from time to time, others will not look down on you for it. I believe that there is great power that comes with saying you are sorry, it means that you have accepted your mistake, and you are now willing to do something about it.


So the next time you are wrong about something, and/or you hurt someone, own up to it, say you are sorry. You have to take responsibility for your mistakes. Those two little words can make a BIG difference.

~Ta.  

No comments:

Post a Comment