Thursday, May 29, 2014

“Chut Yo Mouth Stupid!”


I have learned to live my life without regarding myself with other’s business. As a result it really bothers me when others feel they have the right to tell me what I have done wrong, especially when I see them doing the same thing. I have said it before, NO ONE IS PERFECT, and I understand that everyone can do better, which is why I know I do not have the right to tell someone else what they are doing wrong. I only give my opinion to others when it is clear that they want it, but even then I am careful not to make assumptions because we all live a different life.


Recently I was being lectured on my actions and how what I did was wrong. I was aware that it was wrong, and I did not need this person breathing down my neck. Now that I am looking back at the situation, I have realized that the person that was giving me grief makes the same mistakes as me.


It is ok to give others constructive feedback, but when the feedback is unwanted and not given in the the right way it can be catastrophic. I welcome feedback, because it is the only way I will learn from my mistakes and become a better person. But when someone lectures me and attacks my morals and values, that makes me feel like a little kid that has no idea what I am doing. When I make a mistake chances are I have already realized that I have made it, and will make amends in my own time.


So, at the end of the day, when someone tries to attack me for something I did, I just write it off as that person has some issues that THEY need to work out. Everyone has sh*t they need to deal with, and for some, lecturing others on their behavior will help the lecturer come to terms with their own issues. The person that is being attacked should not read too much into it, they should just think of it as helping the other person on their journey of self realization. The lecturer is only trying to make themselves feel better by trying to undo their own mistakes. Worry about yourself, you got your own issues you need to deal with, as do I, so why spend your time and energy on people who don’t even give one, two, or even three sh*ts about you.

~Ta Ta

No comments:

Post a Comment