Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Achieving Goals: Endurance


I am currently going to the gym to get in a triangular shape opposed to the square I am in right now, its a bit cramped, and build a stronger version of myself. I have come across many different issues that keep me from getting where I want to be. If you’re anything like me (or human in general) TEMPTATION is so fucking hard to avoid and overcome. I love food, I love to have a few beers here and there followed by some smokes and I know that those things set me back from performing to my fullest potential. That’s just something I need to keep in mind when working on my mission. There will be bumps along the way, but it is your job to find those bumps and smooth them out. This is key in getting anything that you want; know what’s stopping you, figure out how you can resolve it so it doesn't get in your path to success. Don’t stop, for you are as strong as you can persist. Endurance doesn’t only apply to working out and maintaining physical activity, it can also be applied to different aspects of life such as educational or personal goals.


I find that I often set myself up for failure before I even feel remotely satisfied with my outcome. This happens to everybody; unless you are a well programmed robot that has the ability to fulfill any given task (and if you are a robot please leave a comment below, I would love to hear from you). The biggest problem is when people set themselves up for failure by trying to achieve goals that are unattainable. Always make sure that your goals are realistic and have a timeline to help stay on track. You also need to make sure you have accountability for the goals you set, without this, it makes it easier to just give up than to keep “training.” Most importantly, your goals should be set according to you as an individual because at the end of the day, who are you doing this for? Yourself? Your family? Friends? Make your goal worth it so you hold yourself accountable and you are less likely to slack off and stick with your goal.

The best way to set a goal is to follow the SMART goal method, this enables you to follow through with your goals. The cool thing about this is that you can visually process your goal by putting it on paper.

I am going to do an example of one of my personal goals. I am planning a road trip and I would like to make this goal a SMART one. Here is how I would set it up: SPECIFIC: I want to drive up to Alaska this summer in mid August to whale-watch. MEASURABLE: Yes, I have a working car and will save up enough money for the trip, as well as for food. I also have a valid passport. ATTAINABLE: This goal is in my power and ability to achieve. REALISTIC: It’s realistic considering the job I have and the reliability of my car. TIMELY: By mid August I will have saved up enough money and supplies for the trip and will have a week of vacation to enjoy the whales. Bam that is SMART!

Like anything in life, you have to put in work to receive an outcome and depending on how much you push through, you will then see results. There will always be obstacles in the way that will impede you from achieving your ultimate endeavors but don’t give up. Just when you feel that you are done and you want to stop and rest but you know internally that your will power can still endure, keep going. Just keep swimming.



Love you all, Stay strong

No comments:

Post a Comment